Intern - Incentives Servicing and Compliance
Assist with the servicing of a high-volume portfolio of incentive projects to ensure compliance requirements are satisfied.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Analyze incentives report documentation in accordance with regulations and department policy.
· Performs comparative job analysis of annual employment logs
· Monitor internal data management systems and appropriately complete upload/download, document transfer, and data entry processes accordingly
· Prepare internal and external correspondence pertinent to annual report finalization.
- Works closely with sector leaders on industry issues, initiatives and policy discussions
- Performs research on competitor state polices and programs
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative, and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff, and external customers.
· Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
· Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constrains with little or no supervision
· Ability to analyze data, prepare data visualization materials and other relevant documentation for the sector leaders
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
- Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software packages
Education and Experience Requirements
· Enrollment in an accredited degree program
Certificates and Licenses Required
· Valid driver’s license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
· Foreign degrees/transcripts must be evaluated by a reputable evaluation service at your own expense and must be submitted prior to a start date. If this cannot be provided within 21 days of an offer the offer will be rescinded.
· Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
· Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.