The Project Assistant provides support on a variety of projects with multiple areas for both technical and business operations management in the Actuarial department. This role will assist in the successful delivery of each phase in the project life cycle within broader department programs, from initiation to completion, including capturing and reporting workflow metrics and quality measurements. The Project Assistant acts as a liaison between Actuarial and other internal/external support areas at Assurant.
- Assists with desktop infrastructure support and sets up actuarial software/hardware requirements.
- Provides support on system configuration projects. Documents requirements, process flows, and organizes technical content and essential details in a logical structure.
- Prepares site-specific business continuity documentation; responsible for collecting, organizing, reporting, and maintaining information on behalf of Actuarial.
- Produces quarterly and annual employee expense allocation assumptions; communicates budget variations.
- Serves as training/professional development facilitator for department programs.
- Drafts internal communications and presentations on various topics.
- Completes ad-hoc operational support & administrative needs for Actuarial as directed.
Competencies Required to be Successful
- Must be effective at time management and can prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Can analyze a problem and determine an appropriate, independent solution.
- Skilled at organizing essential details that meet the needs of the requestor.
- Has strong professional verbal & written communication skills.
- Is able to explain basic concepts to technical and non-technical audiences at varying levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Information Technology/Management or similar.
- 2 years or less of overall professional experience.
- 2 years of experience supporting projects, processes and/or in an analyst role.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications including Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook & SharePoint.
- Some experience with Salesforce or similar systems.
- Self-driven with a desire to successfully take on new challenges and additional responsibilities.
We are currently working 100% remote but are expected to work from the office some days as business needs emerge.
Company Overview and Benefits
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.