A world leader in the design and manufacture of technologically sophisticated defense systems, Stark Aerospace combines the close-knit teamwork and high visibility of a small company with the stability and resources that only our affiliation with a large global firm like IAI Ltd. can provide. Add in our employee-friendly culture and great regional lifestyle, and you’ll see why joining Stark Aerospace could be the best move of your career.
We are currently seeking a Buyer with direct experience procuring the highest quality products, on time, and at the best price available in the market. As part of the supply chain team, this position will work closely and collaboratively with program management, materials management, and production planning, among other internal and external customers.
• Select suppliers that provide the highest quality products with a history of on-time delivery and cost savings benefits.
• Negotiate best price and delivery on each item with the supplier.
• Track the actual purchase part spend versus the quoted price used in the program proposal.
• Utilize ERP data to develop Request for Quotes (RFQs) to select the best supplier for the project.
• Maintain current knowledge of purchasing trends and how they might impact manufacturing operations.
• Utilizing long term agreements (LTA) where applicable.
• Knowledgeable with export controls and ITAR.
• Working with AS9100/ISO/Nadcap accredited companies.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Certification by Institute of Supply Management (ISM) or similar preferred.
• Demonstrated work experience within a purchasing role in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace and defense.
• Knowledgeable of government procurement practices.
• Working knowledge of ERP systems, particularly Microsoft Dynamics GP.
• Must be a U.S. person as defined by 22 U.S.C. § 6010
This position summary is not intended to contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this position. Assigned duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity-M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran status.