Cleveland Electric Laboratories (“CEL”) is a 100-year-old, family-owned industrial sensor & temperature control manufacturing company located in Twinsburg, OH and Tempe, AZ. We serve a wide-range of well-known customers in the aerospace, heat treating, foundry, and energy industries. CEL is the technical leader in the temperature sensing industry.
Mechanical Engineer Summary:
We are seeking a self-driven, hands-on Mechanical Engineer with an inquisitive, problem-solving mindset. Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s in mechanical, manufacturing or mechatronics program. The position will have a significant focus on the design and development of manufacturing equipment and/or processes. However, the position will require the candidate to wear many hats by contributing to product quality, material certification, and design documentation. A candidate with a well-rounded skill set of hands-on skills (machining, hand/power tools, electrical systems, quality instruments) is preferred.
Mechanical Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead a wide range of projects to support enhanced productivity, quality, safety, or ergonomics
- Support manufacturing for continuous improvement and product quality issues
- Create original designs or design modifications to products or manufacturing equipment/tooling with a focus on custom automation
- Invests in relationships with Production and Sales to learn of improvement ideas
- Create 3-D models and 2-D drawings for products and manufacturing equipment.
- Conduct time studies and line balancing
- Identify and source key components
- Create Bills on Material
- Assemble cost and/or ROI data
- Create process documentation including Standard Operating Procedures
- Document process in Standard Operating Procedures or Factory Assembly Instructions
- Additional duties as assigned
Mechanical Engineer Requirements & Qualifications
· Preferred Majors: ME, EE, MFE, IE, Mechatronics Engineering
- Mechanical aptitude with demonstrated hands-on skills with many forms of tools and equipment through prior work experience or hobbies
- Sound analytical, creative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying scope
- Adaptable, resourceful, and independent individual
- Communicate with all levels of the organization
- LEAN/Six Sigma experience is preferred.
- Software Proficiency: MS Office, MiniTab, AutoCad, SolidWorks, MATLAB, LabView, Visual Basic