U220013 - Associate Director of Advancement, College of Arts and Sciences – University Advancement
Under the general leadership of the University at Buffalo’s Senior Associate Vice President for Advancement, the Associate Director of Advancement will:
- Work closely with Director of Advancement (CAS) and colleagues in the Division of University Advancement, as well as the dean, faculty, and key volunteers to pursue a coordinated and strategic program of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects and donors for the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Collaborate with the CAS Assistant Dean for Alumni Engagement to develop strategic engagement opportunities for prospects at various levels of their relationship with the College.
- Develop and manage a donor/prospect portfolio of individuals capable of making gifts of $25,000+ including individuals in early-stage cultivation and/or with whom the university has little to no relationship.
- Execute approximately 133 donor meetings per year. Travel up to 50-75% of the time, including local and regional visits, and work evenings and occasional weekends.
This position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is eager to participate in the evolution of the fundraising programs at the University at Buffalo. The Associate Director will join a diverse team of advancement professionals who are focused on ensuring sustainable philanthropic growth commensurate with the needs of the College of Arts and Sciences faculty and students by engaging alumni and friends, soliciting prospects and stewarding donors in a professional and collaborative manner.
Building stronger connections with UB’s 280,000+ alumni and donors worldwide is critical to the university’s goal: to situate UB among the nation’s top 25 public research universities. UB alumni and friends are grateful and generous, supporting the largest, most ambitious fundraising campaign the university has ever launched. Through the Boldly Buffalo: The Campaign for UB, we seek to raise $1 billion. We invite you to join our University Advancement team and be part of our historic efforts.
Salary: $65,000 – $70,000
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of three years in a fund-development role or possess transferrable skills with demonstrated success in goal-achievement, planning and personal solicitation. Related experience in professional sales/marketing, financial planning/advising and other fields will be considered. Transferable skills from diverse backgrounds will be strongly considered.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; negotiation skills; and the ability to deal with complex concepts and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration. The ability to work well both independently and collectively with other team members and in managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent and mature judgment.
- Technical/digital competence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including self-awareness and the ability to listen and interact effectively with a diversity of colleagues and constituents.
- Ability to travel up to 50-75% of the time, including local and regional visits, and work evenings and occasional weekends.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.