Carroll Stadium Supervisor
· Willingness to work long hours under ideal weather conditions plus hot and cold and damp conditions
· Mostly weekday evenings and weekends
· Show attention to details while supervising all events at Carroll Stadium
· Ability to use critical thinking skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work independently and with groups
Position Summary: The Carroll Stadium Supervisor needs to have good public relation skills to communicate with participants, spectators, coaches, and officials while enforcing stadium and university policies
· Supervising events with 40- 5000 participants
· Working with event directors to ensure a successful event
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervising staff relevant to the operations of Carroll Stadium
Condition of Employment
· Punctuality and reliability for scheduled shifts
· Accuracy and attention to details
In accordance with the IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success, experience in this position will help students become acquainted with the following profiles
Communicator — The ability to listen, write, and speak effectively. The ability to assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, gather more information if necessary, and identify key issues that need to be addressed.
Problem Solver —The ability to manage tasks/assignments, accomplish priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments. The ability to find/create solutions to problems using creativity, reasoning, past experiences, and available information and resources.
Community contributor — The ability to demonstrate a sensitivity and awareness to other people and cultures. The ability to relate to co-workers. The ability to maintain a productive climate and confidently motivate, mobilize, or coach other employees/students.