Student Services Front Desk Assistant
General purpose: To monitor front desk area and assist with office assignments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitor front desk area: greet visitors, answer telephone, respond to email
· Data entry of prospect information
· Compile packets for prospect students
· Maintain marketing material inventory including degree maps
· Prepare outgoing mail; sort and distribute incoming mail; bulk mailings
· Maintain information on bulletin boards
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Desired minimum qualifications
Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
Necessary Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Working knowledge of computers
Ability to effectively meet and communicate with the public via person or phone
High school diploma or GED equivalent
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE GAINED IN THIS ROLE
(related toward student’s career/academic progress or major, and Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success)
· Communicator – Student will gain skills in communication by responding to all e-mails on a daily basis. Student will enhance skills by interaction with public: Students, staff, faculty and general public, by phone and in person.
. Problem Solver– Student will work independently to field questions and concerns from walk-in visitors or via phone. Student will address visitor needs by providing resources and referrals as needed.
· Innovator– Student will apply knowledge they have of school resources as a student and from our training to assist visitors and to do assigned tasks. Student will take on special projects as assigned, which relate to coursework currently being pursued.