Energy Storage Applications Internship
Description of Role:
The Energy Storage Applications Analyst Intern will perform macro analysis to identify target markets and emerging prospects for various energy storage applications, and work with our development team to evaluate use cases, construct projects models, and assist with site selection and design for specific opportunities. The Energy Storage Applications Analyst Intern will support Delorean by:
- Reviewing tariffs and monitoring market developments;
- Identifying and collecting electricity market data;
- Developing databases for storage application analysis;
- Analyzing market data to identify opportunities;
- Working with the executive team on innovative approaches to storage development;
- Tailoring project models to use cases in different markets;
- Evaluating the capacity, location and operations for specific opportunities;
- Providing technical assistance to the development team on projects design and operations.
The Intern may also be requested to assist with general administrative and management support functions to improve operations at Delorean Power. The ideal candidates for this position will have a strong quantitative mind and/or
- Pursuing a degree in electrical engineering, math, statistics or related field from an accredited university;
- Experience with data management, analytics and coding (SQL, R or Python);
- Experience with GIS (QGIS or ArcGIS)
- Knowledge and experience in the US energy industry;
- General understanding of energy storage services and applications.
Preference for DC metropolitan area but may make exceptions for candidates finishing a degree program.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly compensation provided commensurate with experience;
- Possible bonus incentives for successful project work.