2022 Master's & PhD - Senior Scientist, Preclinical Pharmacology, Oncology
As a global company with operations across Asia, Europe, and North America, WuXi AppTec provides a broad portfolio of R&D and manufacturing services that enable global pharmaceutical and healthcare industry to advance discoveries and deliver groundbreaking treatments to patients. Through its unique business models, WuXi AppTec’s integrated, end-to-end services include chemistry drug CRDMO (Contract Research, Development and Manufacturing Organization), biology discovery, preclinical testing and clinical research services, cell and gene therapies CTDMO (Contract Testing, Development and Manufacturing Organization), helping customers improve the productivity of advancing healthcare products through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
The Oncology & Immunology Unit (OIU) works efficiently with partners through our leading biology research service platform. We cover all of your research needs ranging from target discovery, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, and translational research to clinical biomarker testing enabling drug discovery for cancer, autoimmune disease and rare genetic diseases (RGD). Learn more about OIU here.
Job Location: Shanghai / Nantong (Qidong), China
- Direct responsibility for the design and execution of experimental in vivo and/or ex vivo/in vitro strategies, closely overseeing the generation, analysis, interpret data.
- Perform and be in charge of complex in vivo pharmacology experiments utilizing tumor models (syngeneic, xenograft tumor models and humanized mouse models) in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice; responsible for project execution, data update/presentation, and study report preparation.
- Hands on in vivo skills: perform formulation and conduct animal dosing (IV, PO, IP, SC), tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection, surgery, etc.
- Perform and be in charge of complex in vitro pharmacology experiments in cell culture, passaging and harvesting cells. Executing in vitro/ex vivo assays, such as qPCR, ELISA (MSD), WB etc.
- Accurately interpret experimental data, draw general conclusions, and effectively communicate data with internal colleagues and external clients, capable of presenting scientific results to team members or to a multidisciplinary team of researchers.
- Lead trouble-shooting and issue solving efforts to ensure successful delivery of client’s projects
- Mentor/train junior scientists and colleagues on best practices in the laboratory.
- Implement, optimize, and validate novel in vitro/in vivo models. Routinely generates new ideas, systematically evaluates new technologies and implements those that add value.
- Master/PhD in Oncology, Pharmacology, Immunology, Immuno-oncology, Molecular/Cell Biology, or associated field, a strong background in in vivo biology, or experience in multicolor flow cytometry to associate with onco-immunology is preferred, pharmaceutical industry experience with emphasis on oncology and immuno-oncology work is preferred.
- Track record of leveraging in vitro/in vivo pharmacology to explore cancer biology and enable cancer drug discovery is a plus. Demonstrated good experimental design, in-depth data analysis and interpretation on strong scientific rationale and understanding of pharmacological concepts (efficacy, PK/PD relationships).
- Experience with ancillary in vitro and ex vivo assays to characterize effects of experimental medicines (multi-color flow cytometry, T cell/B cell cultures, cytokine/inflammatory mediator assessment, and understanding of immunological readouts and their translational significance is a major plus.
- Highly motivated interactive, creative and ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and be flexible in case of changing priorities.
- Excellent leadership skills, communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong interpersonal skills, effectively collaborate with internal and external colleagues and clients across a highly matrixed environment to drive decisional experimentation is expected that add value.