Sales Intern - Summer 2022
Will work closely with the Business Process Engineer to understand the importance of standardizing processes across multiple locations and developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) that reflect best practices. Will develop SOPs, work to promote the program and increase participation and compliance. Will work closely with IT, operations, and training and development teams to develop a strategy to train team members on these SOPs as part of their onboarding process.
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Understanding the SOP development process.
- Determine which SOPs require training and the best training modality to address those needs.
- Work with Training and Development to develop training for the identified SOPs.
- Work to develop a system to assign and track the trainings.
- Assist department with special projects, to include various administrative and research functions.
- Perform recordkeeping audits per established guidelines; provides detailed follow-up reports.
- Assist with the design, development, editing of department forms and documents.
- Perform general clerical tasks, such as data entry, routine document filing and re-organizing.
- Assist with assembling documentation, including copying, sorting, and mailing.
- Prepare project overview and present findings to executive leadership.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
What You Bring to Pacific Seafood:
- Pursuit of a Logistic, Operations Management or related undergraduate/graduate degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, and Teams.
- Prior work experience in a related field.
- Strong math skills.
- Experience with various process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, or TQM.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Targeted graduation date of June 2023 or earlier.