Intensive Placement Stabilization (IPS) Therapist - Southern, IL
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from One Hope United, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19 vaccination. The requirement is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
The IPS Case Manager or Therapist provides community-based trauma education, counseling, support, and stabilization services to children and youth in the foster care system ages 0 -21 in nontraditional settings focusing on the identification of child strengths and interests. In addition to providing support, education, and advocacy for caregivers and biological parents to stabilize the child's placement.
Position can be based in Collinsville, IL and or Effingham, IL, or Charleston, IL
Salary Range: 34k to 40k based on degree and experience.
- Bachelor's in Counseling, Mental Health, Social Services
- Master's in Counseling, Mental Health, Social Services preferred
- LCP, LSW, LCPC & LCSW preferred not required
- Bilingual preferred not required
- Valid Drivers license and an acceptable driving record with OHU required levels of coverage for auto insurance.
- Position covers 5 counties, with a maximum caseload of 15 cases. The candidate must have reliable transportation.
Intensive Placement Stabilization (IPS) provides intensive support to high-risk children in foster care to stabilize placements and prevent entry into higher levels of care. This program operates in Southern Illinois. Services are offered out of Collinsville, Charleston, Chicago, Effingham, and Mt. Vernon, Illinois. IPS services cover over 32 counties in Southern, IL. PII is a federal grant that was awarded to IDCFS to improve permanency for youth in care. Illinois selected and is using an evidence-based intervention, ARC, that is designed to help youth and family members understand how Trauma impacts functioning and learn how to better manage stress, learn effective emotion regulation, and thus help improve relationships between family members. This modality of counseling services is offered through our IPS Program statewide.
Job Duties Include:
- We are a short term up 6 months crisis intervention stabilization program specializing in crisis and trauma
- Provides in-home services to identify service needs, assesses child and family safety, development of treatment plans, and provides services to meet family and child needs
- Provides counseling, advocacy, case management, and trauma-informed interventions.
- Assist with linkages to long-term service providers as needed.
- Convenes and facilitates family support team conferences for each family
- Conducts specialized groups for educational, social skills development, and supportive services
- May require occasional evening and weekend hours when on call, to provide crisis intervention services based upon need
We Invest In You!
- Tuition assistance up to $2500 per year
- Up to 4 weeks paid Vacation Days; up to 6 paid Personal Days and up to 5 paid Sick days annually
- Medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, health savings account, and short-term disability options
- Agency paid life up to $50K based on salary
- Voluntary Supplemental Life for Employee, Spouse, and Child(ren)
- Voluntary Legal Plans
- Agency paid long term after 1 year of employment
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
- Free LCSW and LCPC Supervision hours are available in some locations
A Different Kind Of Employer One Hope United is strong and ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
- 800 talented professionals strong, serving 10,000 children and families in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Florida
- Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency-- strong since 1895
- Energetic leadership and a rich community of support
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. One Hope United participates in e Verify.
Related Key Words: Therapist, IPS, Intensive Stabilization Placement, Counseling, Foster Care, BSW, MSW, Human Services, Therapy, LCPC, LCSW