People can work anywhere – our culture is what makes them choose Terraphase.
Our fast-growing East Coast team is seeking a self-motivated, goal-oriented individual to assist us in exciting project work as a Staff Geologist in our Princeton office.
· Develop thorough knowledge of drilling procedures and standard field sampling procedures for various environmental media (soil, groundwater, surface water/sediment, and air).
· Document and record field data and observations in a clear and concise manner.
· Become knowledgeable with intrusive drilling and sampling techniques used for unconsolidated deposits and bedrock.
· Direct and oversee the installation of groundwater monitoring wells.
· Supervise and direct various contractors while conducting environmental site investigation and remediation work.
· Provide assistance in the analysis, evaluation and interpretation of hydrologic, hydrogeologic and chemical data obtained during field investigations.
· Assist in the preparation of site Health and Safety Plans (HASPs).
· Demonstrate the commitment and ability to implement safe work practices in the field in accordance with the HASP and other applicable regulations.
· Assist in the preparation of project plans and technical reports.
· Gain a working knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to environmental site investigation and remediation projects.
Who You Are
· Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree preferred in Geology or similar applied science.
· 1-2 years experience.
· Basic computer skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Adobe.
· Clean driving record.
· Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills.
· Self-sufficient and ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Must be able to oversee and work with subcontractors (e.g., drillers, construction workers, etc.) while performing field work.
· OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training
· CPR and First Aid Training