Intern (Engineer - Green Infrastructure)
We are seeking a technical and design driven intern to work with our Green Infrastructure team on projects such as include best management practice design (BMPs), CSO abatement green infrastructure, FEMA floodplain determination, green infrastructure retrofits, green and complete streets, hydraulic and hydrology studies, ODNR DAM emergency action plans, operations and maintenance plans, regulatory compliance, stormwater pollution prevention plan preparation, and watershed management studies.
As an Intern at Environmental Design Group you will:
- Regularly communicate with your team and Project Manager regarding status of work, deliverables, schedule and budgets
- Visit project sites with senior staff to understand the relationship between the site and your completion of CAD documents
- Actively engage in your assigned projects by assisting with: design of systems for projects using manual techniques and computer programs; preparation of applications for project permits; coordination of approvals with regulatory agencies; preparation of accurate project reporting, detailed drawings, project plans, and maps for team members, clients and reviewing agencies; review of contract specifications to ensure completed drawings meet client and local government standards; calculation of project quantities, bid documents, and costing
- Education: Current enrollment in an engineering, landscape architecture or related program of study
- Computer Proficiencies: Proficient in MS Office and computer aided design (CAD) or other industry software
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Must have a valid driver’s license and possess a driving record that will enable the employee to be insurable under the Company’s standard vehicle insurance and general comprehensive liability insurance without additional costs to the Company.
This position does not manage other staff members.