At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Creating the future of smart mobility requires the highly intelligent use of data, metrics and analytics. That’s where you can make an impact as part of our Global Data Insight & Analytics team. We are the trusted advisers that enable Ford to clearly see business conditions, customer needs and the competitive landscape. With our support, key decision makers can act in meaningful, positive ways. Join us and use your data expertise and analytical skills to drive evidence-based, timely decision making.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Develop and implement statistical models, in particular CECL/IFRS9 related credit loss forecasting models to support business questions using programming languages - SAS, Alteryx, and Tableau
- Perform Credit Loss Analyses for Finance and Treasury (mainly USA and Canada focused, global analyses as well)
- Implement and perform Calendarized Purchase Expectation (CPE) models to forecast credit loss for auto loans
- Maintain and improve operational models through their lifecycle.
- Conduct process control and model validation
- Work with data sources on multiple platforms (IBM Mainframe, Unix/Linux, and Teradata)
- Support securitization through risk analysis and reporting
- Collaborate with business partners in Residual Risk Operations, Funding Support, Securitization Operations, Treasury, Ford Credit Europe, Finance and Pricing to support them with regular reports as well as answer ad-hoc requests
- Work closely with internal and external regulators
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Applied Mathematics or other related field of study. Or a Bachelor's Degree and currently pursuing and completing the aforementioned Master's Degree no later than May 2022
- 1+ years of programming skills (i.e. SAS, Python, R) – internship and coursework allowed
- 1+ years of SQL experience (internship and coursework allowed)
- 1+ year of experience with data mining (internship and coursework allowed)
Our preferred requirements:
- Experience in Financial Markets and/or IFRS9/CECL regulations for measuring Credit Risk
- Experience working with customers from risk, finance, model validation, technology, and regulators
- Ability to translate complex quantitative methods into easily understood results for all levels of business customers
- Ability to balance multiple projects within a given timeframe
- Strong oral and written communication skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.