Intern Analyst- Summer 2023
Intern Analyst- Summer 2023
Chartwell Financial Advisory, Inc.
Chartwell Financial Advisory, Inc. (Chartwell) is a growing, closely-knit financial advisory services firm where a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to work in a team environment are critical for success. We conduct business in an honest, ethical manner, and treat everyone with the highest level of respect, integrity, and professional courtesy. We believe providing quality service to our clients will develop enduring relationships and ensure our long term success. We support an environment where every team member is empowered to attain their professional goals.
The duration of the Internship is 10 weeks and is designed to provide the Intern Financial Analyst with an entry level understanding and knowledge of business valuation and corporate finance with exposure and interaction with all levels within Chartwell. The primary focus of this position is to assist Project Managers and Analysts with client execution across select Chartwell business units including Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, Financial Services, Executive Compensation, and Employee Stock Ownership Plan Advisory (ESOP). Specific analytical tasks may include historical and pro forma client company financial analysis, public company peer group market analysis, merger and acquisition market peer group analysis; discounted cash flow analysis, industry research and analysis, report writing, presentation preparation, and other such analysis as deemed relevant related to project execution. In addition, the Intern Analyst may be involved in client facing presentations, corporate marketing activities including pitch and proposal development, prospect company research and due diligence investigation, relevant financial and economic research and sales presentations with prospective clients as directed.
Summary of essential job functions
· Due diligence analysis and financial model set-up
· Search and analyze public peer companies and M&A transactions across a variety of industries using Capital IQ, Bloomberg, and other databases
· Sort, review, analyze and develop conclusions from large amounts of economic, market, industry and company-specific information
· Work independently on multiple engagements with multiple team members across all levels in the company while prioritizing and managing varied responsibilities
· Must have completed at least 2 years of a business degree program
· Completion of coursework in corporate finance theories
· Demonstrated experience using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Must have demonstrated experience with multitasking under little supervision
Chartwell is dedicated to delivering quality solutions to our client’s complex financial challenges. Our work is highly challenging, and we believe it is imperative to maintain a highly supportive culture to attract, retain, and motivate true professionals passionate about executing our business strategy while maintaining our values. If you share our passion, imagine what we will achieve together.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.