Social Work Summer Internship Program - Wesleyan Summer Grants Program
Child Advocacy Grant - Wesleyan Summer Grants Program
This internship will be funded through the Wesleyan Summer Grants Program. Applications close February 27, 11:59pm.
*If you have previously received a Wesleyan Summer Grant, you are not eligible to apply.
Lawyers for Children – Child Advocacy Grant
Social Work Summer Internship Program
Full-time, for ten weeks, starting June 6, 2022
Due to the pandemic, this internship is slated to be hybrid (working remotely with in-person requirement). Home visits may not occur and interviews may take place over zoom instead of in the office.
Lawyers for Children (LFC) is a dynamic organization of social workers, attorneys, and youth advocates that provides advocacy and comprehensive services to some of New York City's most vulnerable children.
LFC works with child welfare organizations, family court, and service providers with which our clients interface on a daily basis.
LFC has a robust social work summer internship program for students committed to child welfare issues. As a social work intern, you would work side by side with our staff social workers, gaining valuable exposure to the profession and to the most pressing issues facing the City's children and their families.
Interns will have a formal training program that continues throughout the summer.
Social work interns have the opportunity to accompany social workers on field visits, sit in on client interviews and case conferences, observe court cases, and help prepare the social work portion of cases for hearings and trial.
In addition, interns will work together as part of the legal/social work team that makes LFC's advocacy model unique.
Application Instructions - You must complete all steps to be considered
2) Budget - Access Here (Please follow directions below on how to save budget to upload)
- Open your document on Google Drive
- Go to File > Download > PDF
- Paper Size = Tabloid (11” x 17”)
- Page Orientation = Portrait
3) Essays (Please put in one document and upload in Cover Letter section)
- Tell us about yourself and your goals for the future. (500 words maximum)
- Why you are interested in the Social Work Internship Program and working for Lawyers for Children? (750 words maximum)
Once you submit the documents above, you will be brought to the main Wesleyan Summer Grant Application.
1) If you would like to apply for funding for another opportunity, please complete your AcademicWorks application focusing on that opportunity.
2) If you are ONLY applying to the Child Advocacy Grant, you will complete the AcademicWorks application for the Child Advocacy Grant. Please upload your budget and copy and paste your essays into that application.
**If chosen for this opportunity, you will be required to complete all components of the Wesleyan Summer Grants post-acceptance application before funding is finalized. Please visit our website to read and review the Wesleyan Summer Grants Program.