Social Impact Summer Internship
Did you know? Signature Bank has appeared on Forbes' Best Banks in America list for over ten years and was recently selected to become part of the prestigious S & P 500!
Now is the perfect time to join our winning team! Signature Bank, member FDIC, was founded in 2001 as a full-service commercial bank with private client offices throughout the New York metropolitan area. In 2018, the Bank expanded its footprint to the West Coast with the opening of its first full-service private client banking office in San Francisco, and we continue to expand! The Bank’s growing network of private client banking teams serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners and senior managers. Signature Bank offers a wide variety of business and personal banking products and services.
What you should know about the Summer Internship for Social Impact
We are delighted to announce Signature Bank’s 2022 Summer Associate Program, open to all undergraduate students, college graduates, individuals who are reentering the workforce, and those looking for a change of industry. The Summer Associate Program is a unique, immersive, eight week paid program where you will work with one specific department of the Bank and become fully engaged in its day-to-day activities. Signature Bank is committed to investing in the mentoring of future leaders by providing them with the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. We welcome and encourage those from all backgrounds to become part of this highly rewarding learning experience!
In this role, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Work with Chief Social Impact Officer researching and implementing best practices around enhancing diversity, employee wellness and environmental sustainability
- Gain insight into ESG frameworks and rating systems
- Participate in Social Impact Board and Management Meetings
- Support the coordination of an ESG Resource Group Launch
- Help support at least one give back/service event for the bank
- Spearhead a Summer Associate Case Study
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned on an adhoc basis as well
To be successful, your background should match these qualifications:
- High School diploma, working toward a college degree, or college degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) is required.
- An interest in ESG initivites and the social impact of organizations
- Must be able to commit to the eight-week duration of the program.
For those candidates applying to locations within the New York City boroughs: As part of our commitment to health and safety, and as mandated by law, all employees are required to show proof of vaccination to be considered for any position with Signature Bank. Where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must have received the COVID-19 vaccine prior to their start date. Upon commencement of employment, new team members must provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
For those candidates applying to locations in San Francisco: Signature Bank will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and federal laws applicable to Signature Bank.
View available Careers with Signature at www.signatureny.com/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not sponsor work visas.