2022 The NRP Group Internship - Capital Markets
Come join NRP’s A+ team! We’ve been recognized as a “Top Workplace” because we promote a culture where our team can build long-term careers and connections. As we grow as a company, our goal is that you will grow in your career.
NRP has been recognized with several industry awards including Top Workplaces; Best and Brightest Companies to Work For; and National Apartment Association’s Best Places to Work.
We value our interns by providing a well-rounded internship experience:
· Lunch & Learn sessions with various departments to provide you more insight on other aspects of the business
· Structured professional development sessions occurring throughout the program
· Paired with an NRP Buddy / Peer Mentor
· Organized activities both in and out of the office to connect with other interns
· Exposure to senior leadership throughout the duration of your internship
· Opportunity to volunteer and give back in the community
· Be part of a team awarded 2021 #3 Builder and #5 Developer by National Multifamily Housing Council, 2020 #3 Development Company of the Year by Multi Housing News, 2020 Winner of Multifamily Builder of the Year by Multifamily Pillars of the Industry
For over 25 years, NRP has been dedicated to building quality homes for our residents, regardless of income. The NRP Group is a full-service multifamily developer, general contractor, and property manager with assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
The NRP Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
What to Expect:
Our 10-12 week paid internship gives you the opportunity to work on multiple projects and gain real-world experience in the multi-family housing industry outside of the classroom. As a Capital Markets Intern, you will apply the analytical and business knowledge you’ve gained in the classroom, while also receiving support by your department team and manager.
As a Capital Markets Intern, you will:
· Gain exposure to all facets of the evaluation of profitability and financial feasibility of new market rate and affordable multifamily projects;
· Get involved in working with real estate developers and other members of the financial analysis team to create financial projections of new projects;
· Work with other analysts on the review of tax credit reservation rules for various states, transferring financial projections to the state applications and reviewing required documentation;
· Work with Capital Markets team to ensure that updates are made to projections in the project life cycle
You will report to a single manager who will help develop your goals, provide any feedback, and provide support throughout your internship.
Location: Cleveland, OH
After the program:
At the completion of your summer internship, you will have the opportunity to pursue a career within The NRP Group following graduation or to return for an additional summer internship (only applicable for students graduating in 2024 or later).
· Undergraduate or graduate-level degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field conferred by June 2024
· Demonstrated teamwork and leadership through extracurricular activities
· Demonstrated interested in real estate
· Previous internship/work experience in real estate or business (preferred)
Knowledge & Skills:
· Proven adaptability to changing strategies and priorities
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Basic financial acumen
· Ability to negotiate with others
· Experience with Microsoft Excel
· Can collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds
· Must be open to relocating to our headquarters in Cleveland, OH
· Must be available for a 10-12 week internship in Summer 2022
· Must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future