UX/UI Design – Application Engineering Internship (Fall 2022)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2022 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application. International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you will have a seat at the table and make critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
Tesla is looking for a UX/UI Design intern to help define how internal users will interact with our homegrown ERP systems. The applicant must have an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. A strong ability to distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Tesla. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit, so the majority of the work will be focused on innovating original and creative content and application, as well as final deliverables and solutions that work in the real world.
- UX/UI design for enterprise HR software
- Focus on user centric design platforms
- Leverage user flows and visual designs such as UI elements
- Work with other designers and software engineers to provide designs that showcase a strong message to the consumer through simple and effective messaging
- Communicate effectively with your team to ensure all design efforts are widely influenced in order to drive business outcomes Requirements
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS, or other graduate degree in Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, Psychology, Information Technology, Human Computer Interaction
- A portfolio showcasing UI and visual design work with a strong graphic design sensibility
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes
- Must be proficient and highly skilled in Photoshop, Invision, Design Studio, Sketch or other design tools
- Proficiency with Jira, SQL or other tools is a plus
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus