Product Supply Internship - Business Track (June - December 2022)
Product Supply Internship - Business Track (June 2022)
At Clorox, we champion people to be well and thrive by doing the right thing, putting people at the center, and playing to win. Led by our IGNITE strategy, we build brands that make a positive difference in people’s lives around the world. And we know that success requires head, heart, AND guts — all three, every day — coming together to work simpler, faster, bolder, and more inclusively. Interested? Join us to #IgniteYourCareer!
Your role at Clorox:
Product Supply Internship - Business Track (June 2022 – December 2022)
In this role, you will:
Product Supply Organization (PSO – Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management)
The Clorox Product Supply Organization (PSO) is a diverse & inclusive global community of empowered people. We pride ourselves on being the guardian of the consumer and strive to be best in class in delivering safety, end to end supply chain solutions, enabling innovation and daily execution of the business plans. PSO is comprised of operational and support organizations focusing on buying, making & shipping products for our variety of well-known brands.
Product Supply Intern – Business Track (June 2022 – December 2022)
Internship Program Overview:
During a 6 month internship, you will gain exposure to the Clorox product portfolio, sourcing strategy for key spend areas, exposure to the Clorox culture and much more! Participate on cross-function teams to support process improvement projects, while also focusing on continual learning in the area of Supply Chain Management. The Clorox Company expects our interns to apply classroom knowledge and the latest Supply Chain processes to our initiatives and goals.
Intern activities to gain a holistic view of The Clorox Company:
- Exposure to Product Supply & Operations leadership team
- Plant, manufacturing and distribution center tours
- Overview of all Supply Chain areas in their roles and responsibilities in Clorox
- Strengths finders for personal/professional development
- Store check to gain the perspective from a Clorox Sales team lead
Business Track Positions:
- Create beneficial reports and analyze their findings in order to support Operations Planning Management decision making in the areas of production, demand, inventory levels, transportation and historical sales/demand
- Support Logistics decision making in the areas of customer service, distribution center operations and transportation by maintaining/reporting on key metrics and other ongoing reporting activities.
- Build strength among all four analytic types (Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, and Prescriptive)
- Improve PSO time-to-X (decision, revenue, cost savings, etc.)
- Increase PSO strategic thinking time
- Facilitate and/or lead effective processes for internal information gathering and analysis
- Work with team members to break down business processes to drive out waste
- Help manage GSS processes and engage with team members to understand requirements and needs
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and build relationships both vertically/horizontally within Clorox with refined oral, written and data presentation skills and appropriate interface with external contacts
- Activities include but not limited to: logistics analysis, customer relationship management, order management, problem solving and solution recommendation and implementation, interfacing with customers, vendors and partners and assisting with other internal and external initiatives.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Planning and Organizing: Identifies and translates priorities into clear actionable tactics, effective organization and time management skills, multi-tasks well, set goals and achieves them
- Professional Development: Drives personal development and influences others as appropriate with the ability to present ideas and issues in a thoughtful manner
- Strong aptitude for learning new systems and processes
- Strong leadership skills and a track record of achieving results
What we look for:
Minimum Education Level/Degree:
- Discipline Desired - Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Logistics & Transportation, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- GPA Required 3.0 or higher
- No Visa Sponsorship
- Class standing Required – Junior/Senior
- Offers of employment are contingent upon proof of the applicant’s legal right to work and be employed in the United States
We seek out and celebrate diverse backgrounds and experiences, and we know you don’t need a degree to succeed. We’re looking for fresh perspectives, a desire to bring your best, and a non-stop drive to keep growing and learning.
At Clorox, we have a Culture of Inclusion. We believe our values-based culture connects to our purpose and helps our people be the best versions of themselves, professionally and personally. This means building a workplace where every person can feel respected, valued, and fully able to participate in our Clorox community. Learn more about our I&D program & initiatives here.
Benefits we offer to help you be well and thrive:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous 401(k) program in the US and similar programs in international
- Health benefits and programs that support both your physical and mental well-being
- Flexible work environment, depending on your role
- Meaningful opportunities to keep learning and growing
- Half-day Fridays, depending on your location
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a Clorox recruiter via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.