Corporate Development and M&A Intern
About Us (Gerdau Next):
Gerdau is a major steel manufacturing company, operating in 10 countries, and employing over 30,000 individuals. At Gerdau Next we diversify the group’s business portfolio, globally, through the acquisition, investment or creation of new, relevant and profitable businesses in strategic segments. We help build the Gerdau of the Future.
Working closely with the M&A and Corporate Development team for North America (US, Canada & Mexico), you’ll support building the business lead pipeline, growing the department external network, and enabling the team to work at maximum efficiency.
We believe in mutually-beneficial experiences, striving to delegate not only tasks but explaining the reasoning and process behind them. The goal is to develop and qualify our interns to accept increasingly complex assignments and retain the best entry-level talent.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Scouting – define target companies, conduct search for potential leads, research business news, prepare reports, maintain CRM tool
· Lead qualification – reach out to targeted companies and conduct lead qualification interview
· Network expansion – analyze potential business partners/service providers, schedule and participate in exploratory meetings
· Business analysis / M&A Due diligence – support basic financial analysis, comparable transactions, and company profiling
· Administrative support – presentation preparation, research, data gathering, KPI reporting