Internship at the MGH-Harvard Center for Addiction Medicine (Summer 2022)
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
Internship at the MGH-Harvard Center for Addiction Medicine
The Center for Addiction Medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital is seeking highly qualified and motivated students for an internship starting in Summer of 2022 to gain in-depth exposure to the daily operations of clinical research. This internship is an opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of the experimental process including recruitment, retention, and dissemination of findings. Additionally, interns will get experience working with clinical populations. Update: This internship will be in person.
**If you have any questions about this position please email Vanessa Iroegbulem at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interns may work on different aspects of several clinical trials being conducted at the Center. Interns will be assisting on studies related to marijuana use and vaping cessation. There is a potential that new studies will have started up by the time the interns begin.
Responsibilities may include running parts of subject visits, data entry and checking, subject recruitment, phone screening, administrative work, social media updates (such as Facebook and Twitter), administration of study procedures, and other responsibilities. It is a flexible position and the intern will be able to have a say in their responsibilities based on their personal interests and study needs.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or Master’s degree in a related field (e.g., Psychology, Neuroscience, Public Health)
- Interested in questions related to substance use and mental health
- Prior research experience; experience in clinical research preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Extremely detail oriented and self-motivated/flexible
Weekday availability of at least 8 hours per week - more availability is always welcomed.
*This is an unpaid internship.
**Receiving course credit for the internship is optional.
After the internship, interns will be able to:
- Interact with study subjects in a professional manner and do short interviews
- Take vital signs and complete other study measures
- Prepare a short oral presentation of their work or assigned topic at the completion of the cycle
For highly qualified, motivated candidates, it may be possible to apply this internship toward the completion of an academic requirement (e.g., thesis).