Accounting Intern (Summer 2022)
As an Accounting Intern, you will have a unique opportunity to learn the full lifecycle of high growth SAAS Company’s accounting processes and controls and apply your knowledge of accounting to make an impact! We'll teach you how to use Netsuite, FloQast, Excel, and other tools to perform some challenging accounting activities such as reconciliation, analysis, and various accounting projects. You'll assess, document, and solution issues related to the department’s accounting processes and controls and present your findings and recommendations to leadership for next steps. This is an exciting opportunity to learn operations across various accounting functions, internal controls, data analytics, and financial reporting- all of which will help give you a glimpse into a career in accounting, auditing, finance, or other careers!
When you join iCIMS, you join the team helping global companies transform business and the world through the power of talent. Our customers do amazing things: design rocket ships, create vaccines, deliver consumer goods globally, overnight, with a smile. As the Talent Cloud company, we empower these organizations to attract, engage, hire, and advance the right talent. We’re passionate about helping companies build a diverse, winning workforce and about building our home team. We're dedicated to fostering an inclusive, purpose-driven, and innovative work environment where everyone belongs.
- Complete Intern orientation including company and departmental orientation.
- Participate in developmental opportunities, including 35 hours of professional development!
- Begin by meeting with leaders of the different functions of the accounting department, understand their key processes, controls, and areas of improvement. These functions include accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations and participating in the monthly close controls
- Perform hands-on assignments to improve your understanding of the processes and gain experience in foundational accounting activities.
- Gain experience using our accounting ERP software (Net Suite) and other digital finance tools including Excel, FloQast, Adaptive Insights Sharepoint and ProMapp
- Brainstorm with functional leaders to identify areas of improvement in these processes or potential opportunities in control documentation and document findings
- Outline recommendations and opportunities to improve processes and data integrity in a formal report or presentation.
- Present findings to leadership.
- Review Changes to understand impacts and to recommend next steps.
- An undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Accounting
- Must be pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree during the time of the internship (Summer 2022)
- Superior attention to detail and customer service orientation
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, changing environment that is going through high growth
- Students who are current Juniors are preferred
iCIMS is a place where everyone belongs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our approach helps us to build a winning team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. So, regardless of how your diversity expresses itself, you can find a home here at iCIMS.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Compensation and Benefits
The target total compensation for this role is: $15 - $17 / hour
Your actual compensation will be based upon your experience. iCIMS offers the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), an open vacation policy, sick days, short-term disability, long-term disability, maternity/bonding and parental leave, tuition reimbursement, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life and AD&D insurance.