Student Trainee (Environmental Eng/Physical Sci/Life Sci)
This position is in Region 8. If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About Region 8: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/epa-region-8-mountains-and-plains
Salary will be based on the grade level for which you are selected.
This job will close when we have received 250 applications which may be sooner than the closing date.
Internships - Initial period typically expected to last more than one year. Program end is generally the Intern's projected graduation date, plus 120 days of conversion eligibility. Duration of appointment will be annotated in participant agreement.
At the GS-4 grade level, you will:
- Perform routine assignments.
- Assist in the performance of other duties.
- Assist with routine steps in science studies.
At the GS-5 grade level, you will:
- Perform routine and limited assignments pertaining to the scientific missions of the organization.
- Assist senior staff, project officers, analytical staff, and other staff as necessary.
- Assist in the performance of other standardized support duties such as the collection of literature references and the organization of files.
- Assist with routine steps in science studies and regulatory/compliance work.
- Support higher-graded staff in planning for program management of environmental programs.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations).