Accounting Internship - Spring 2023 (Bedford)
At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
Apply now for our Accounting Internship, Spring 2023 out of Bedford, NH! Formerly Howe, Riley, & Howe, the firm is excited about joining forces with a continued focus on serving clients and making a difference in our communities!
Interns will be responsible for utilizing educational knowledge and experience to perform numerous accounting related responsibilities such as:
- Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
- Respond to inquiries from client and work with client to gather necessary information for completion of required documents
- Use data analysis skills to discover useful information and patterns to provide support in recommendations
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities in processes to enhance efficiency
- Prepare individual, business and fiduciary tax returns and projections in accordance with firm and professional standards as directed by engagement leaders
- Understand and effectively use current tax and accounting software applications
- Research tax related issues and other related financial reports
- Perform a limited number of tax return interviews as needed
- Perform audit, review, and compliance testing procedures in accordance with firm an professional standards and as directed by engagement leaders
- Communicate with engagement leaders regarding open items, testing problems, or other important matters in a timely manner
- Prepare (or review client prepared) financial statements and footnotes, management reports, and other engagement outputs
- Develop technical competency with GAAP, especially related to assigned product line
- Experience the Wipfli Way first hand while working side by side with professionals from all levels of the firm
- Develop experience and skills to become a trusted business advisor for clients and associates
- Gain hands-on experience in tax and/or audit work, and related software applications
- Work as an individual contributor and as part of a team to support client engagements
- Gain exposure to a variety of clients and industries ranging from small businesses to large corporations
- Develop administrative, professional, and interpersonal skills to the extent of being able to organize, analyze, and communicate with others in a productive and efficient manner
- This is a paid internship and can be used for school credit if applicable
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting (completion of corporate or individual taxation class is required)
- Above average competency in accounting as demonstrated by college GPA; Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Working towards eligibility to sit for CPA exam upon graduation (150 credits)
- Preferred coursework in Data Analytics or Big Data
- Ability to think independently and make good decisions based on education and experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with clients and staff
- Ability to prioritize work, follow through on requests, take initiative and meet deadlines