Intern: Supplier Quality Engineer (Summer 2022)
The intern role provides engineering students the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote their career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The intern experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing to apply engineering fundamentals on important and innovative projects that build experience in project and supply chain management, finance, supplier quality and negotiation. Soft skills, high energy and a positive mindset are key assets for succeeding in this position, across a diverse, multicultural team.
- Manage activities related to supplier relationships (meetings, documents, feedback, etc.)
- Support the buyers, purchasing manager, supplier quality engineers and project managers and engineers in their day-to-day activities
- Utilizing engineering fundamentals by analyze key components of the supply chain (suppliers, processes and spend, etc.)
- Perform purchasing and sourcing activities, such as RFI’s (Request For Information), and RFQ’s (Request For Quotation)
- Participate in supplier and internal team meetings
Multiple intern positions are offered in each of the following Group Trucks Purchasing Departments:
- Indirect Products and Services (Investments and Professional Services)
- Powertrain Purchasing
- Supplier Quality Engineering
- Vehicle Purchasing
- Applicants pursuing degrees in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering types are welcome to apply, as purchasing is diverse, and different perspectives are essential for success. The degree must be at an accredited school and the applicant must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Summer Interns are required up to 40 hours per week.