Merchandise Planning and Operations (MP&O) Intern
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. This 10-week internship program runs from June 6th – August 12th.
Components of the program include:
· Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
· Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
· Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
· Exposure to other business areas to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
· Professional development sessions and networking opportunities.
· End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Merchandise Planning & Operations Intern will support Ulta Beauty’s greater merchandising function through a balanced experience that incorporate Business Objectives, Strategy Development and Operations/Systemic Execution.
You’ll accomplish this by:
· Actively participating in a cross functional project that provides exposure to Merchandise Planning and Inventory, Merchandising, Merchandise Operations and ultimately present to senior leadership
· In addition to working within Merchandise Planning and Inventory, the MP&O Intern will gain a strong understanding of the Merchandise Operations department, specifically MP&O Strategy and Business Operations/Systems teams
· Working within our Forecast and Replenishment System (SWIFT) to manage inventory flow
· Gaining an understanding of Product Life Cycle Management best practices
· Conducting brand and item level forecasting
· Learning basic Open to Buy management strategies to achieve the optimal outcome
· Performing Ad Hoc root cause analysis to assess performance and provide recommendations
· Performing additional MP&O related task as needed
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
· Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree and entering final year of school
· Interest in pursuing a career in Merchandising or Merchandise Planning and Inventory in a retail environment
· Strong academic record
· Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail and sense of urgency
· Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and interact with various levels of leadership
· Experience working in MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word