SPARK Banking Internship
S.P.A.R.K is a Summer Program and stands for Student Partners Acquiring Resources and Knowledge. This position involves traveling to our branch locations throughout Lake and Porter Counties in Indiana. Branch hours may vary any where between 8:00-6:00 Monday-Friday and 8:00-2:00 on Saturday.
Position has potential to continue for up to three consecutive summers.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Summary: As a traveling front line customer ambassador for Centier, the Universal Banker is crossed trained to provide a World-Class experience for clients at various branches. This position will have a thorough understanding of the customer's transaction requirements and be able to effectively communicate all available options to them. They will educate customers about Centier's financial product options and refer or sell the appropriate products and services matching the customer's needs. This position participates in the daily operations of the branch, which could include, account management and other financial service needs and maintance. The position also provides timely and efficient completion of client transactions while maintaining accurate records and thorough handling of all monies assigned. This position proactively participates in the sales/quality referral process of the branch as directed by management.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing work environments and locations
- Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office products).
- Ability to work through client problems by listening, thinking through all options, and responding appropriately.
- Consultative skills to identify a client's financial needs.
- Availability to work evenings and some weekends.
- Proofread and verify written materials.
- Data entry and retrieval of information into a computer, sorting documents, and following logical instructions and systems.
- Maintain accuracy by remaining detail focused consistently.
- Make texture judgments in verifying the authenticity of currency.
- Ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Banking experience is a plus, but not required.
To apply for this position, visit https://www.workandlearnindiana.com/internships/detail/23695/spark-banking-internship . You must create an account there in order to apply for this opportunity. Please read their privacy policies and guidelines when creating an account on the site as they may differ from this one.