First Assistant Manager
- As a hometown specialty retailer, maurices is deeply committed to bringing affordable, versatile, and flattering fashion in sizes 2-24 to real women, living real lives in small towns across North America. We inspire women of all ages to look and feel their best - just as they are. With 1,000 stores across North America, we've earned our reputation as a leader in hometown fashion. The true secret to our success is deeply rooted in our commitment to our values. Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a First Assistant Manager to join our team located at our Store 0645-Columbia Mall-maurices-Columbia, MO 65203. Ready to help bring feel good fashion for real life™ to hometowns across North America? We’re looking for individuals with a passion for fashion that have what it takes to give the kind of exceptional service our customers know, love and deserve from us. Since 1931, we’ve helped women look and feel their best every day — making maurices not only a special place to shop, but a great place to work and connect. Apply today!
- Position Overview:
- maurices is a world-class specialty retailer that caters to young-at heart fashionistas in small towns. Rated by Forbes Magazine in 2010 as one of the top 10 Employers in Retail, we pride ourselves on our excellent training programs and the consistent feedback we get from our associates who love to work here. We genuinely care about our customers, our communities, our associates, our business partners, and our results.
- We value the unique strengths and diversity of each individual, which makes us a better place to work, a better store to shop, and a better member of our communities. Associates in all positions play an integral role in our business.
- What you’ll do:
- As a First Assistant Manager you’ll support in leading a team of talented associates to create an unforgettable experience that leaves our customers looking and feeling their best. This challenging and rewarding role provides the opportunity to assist in the supervision of 8 – 20 store associates. The First Assistant Manager Position is a great way to gain management experience and learn and grow your retail skills including:
- Leading and Inspiring a team focused on customer obsession and driving results
- Assist with talent selection, associate development and retention
- Assist in visual presentation and ensuring sound operational practices
- Support the manager in generating sales and profits and managing expenses
- Assist in driving new ideas, sharing information with others and creating solutions to problems
- What you’ll get in return:
- A flexible work schedule
- Working with others who love fashion and have fun
- Industry leading training programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities due to our continued store growth and stability (we have been around 80 years!)
- Opportunities to connect and actively participate in community events
- A 40% discount..........yes 40!
- Inclusive benefits; you name it we’ve got it!
- Position Requirements:
- The First Assistant Candidates are skilled individuals with:
- Previous supervisory experience required; preferably in a specialty retail environment
- Strong selling abilities and the ability to build customer relationships
- Proven ability to motivate others and work as a team to meet and exceed goals
- Availability to work day, evening and weekend hours
- All replies confidential – maurices is an equal opportunity employer.
- Store 0645-Columbia Mall-maurices-Columbia, MO 65203
- Regular/Full time
Equal Employment Opportunity
- The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all employment decisions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under applicable law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.
- The Company welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the application process.
- Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the Company unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable law.