MS/PhD Opportunity: Life Scientist/Physical Scientist
Click here to apply
*Managers may make multiple selections
This position is in Region 9, Water Division, Surface Water Branch, Wetlands Section. If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Review regulatory actions involving discharges of dredged or fill material to the aquatic environment pursuant to National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Clean Water Act (CWA), and the Marine Protection, Research and Sanctuaries Act (MPRSA) regulatory programs.
- Advise and support state, local and/or tribal stakeholders in aquatic resource conservation planning and regulation.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners and communicate environmental outcomes.
- Respond to public inquiries and conduct research.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations).
Open & closing dates
- 01/04/2022 to 01/18/2022
- $78,861 - $122,884 per year
Pay scale & grade
- GS 11 - 12
Yes—as determined by the agency policy.