Renewable Energy Assistant Project Manager
We are a recruitment company that is currently hiring recently graduates with engineering degrees to work for our client, Nextera Energy in Juno Beach, Florida. We work on behalf of Nextera Energy to find the best talent for their business.
NextEra Energy, Inc. is one of the world's largest renewable energy companies with about 58 GW of generating capacity, revenues of over $18 billion in 2020, and about 14,900 employees throughout the US and Canada. This role will be based in the headquarters on site at Juno Beach Florida.
The position will suit an engineering graduate who is interested in working in the renewable energy industry.
The position will support experienced wind project engineers in the preconstruction, engineering, design, construction and close out of large utility scale wind turbine projects.
As you grow in the position, you will be offered more responsibility and ultimately work your way to becoming a wind project engineer yourself where you will have full responsibility for the technical project management of large-scale wind energy projects around the US and Canada.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Assist the current project managers in the management of design requirements, engineering scope, scheduling and budget management of large scale wind projects
- Effectively and efficiently communicate project needs with all stakeholders
- Attend meetings and follow up on deliverables for project needs
- Help with project risk management and effectively plan to mitigate risks in the design, engineering and construction of the projects
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (electrical preferred, will consider mechanical and civil degrees too)
- Interest in the renewable energy sector
- Highly motivated and goal oriented
- Good communication skills, able to communicate both in writing and verbally with a wide range of personalities
- Computer savvy, knowledgeable and experienced using excel