WDI Graphic Design Internship, Glendale - Summer 2022
What we’re looking for…
A Graphic Design Intern who will work with the team that develops creative information design presentations, signage and show graphics to help sell the ideas and tell the stories throughout Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
- Create information design presentations that support various phases of a creative idea or project
- Provide support to various Environmental Graphic design projects by assisting in project design development and technical documentation
- Prepare Signage design information and documentation
- Provide design documentation in the form of illustration, photographs, scaled images, graphics and research on assigned projects
What you bring to the role...
- Experience with thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in solving graphics and signage design challenges that will live in our Theme Parks, Resorts and Ships
- Strong skills with design and illustration tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Sketch-up and MS Office Suite
- Minimum one year experience in Graphic Design practice, or one or more years in a professional internship is preferred
- Familiarity with Information Design and presentation decks
- Familiarity with Environmental Graphic design, sign construction techniques, and related areas including architecture, interior design and landscape design
- 3D modelling experience with programs such as Rhino, Revit, Maya, and/or ZBrush
- Prior Disney experience and knowledge
- Membership in Society of Environmental Graphic Design
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher or graduated within 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, Graphic Arts, Graphic Communications, Production Design, or related visual art field
A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé will not be considered a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program. Note: Once you have completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program, there must be a minimum 13 week gap before the start of a new internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2022 through January 2023. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
This internship is located in Glendale, CA. Candidates must be receptive to providing their own housing for the duration of the internship.