DIA Analysis Career Field Entry Level Hiring Event
For full details and to apply, please visit diajobs.dia.mil and search for "DIA VIRTUAL HIRING EVENT – ANALYSIS CAREER FIELD - 120440."
Officers in the Analysis Career Field serve at the heart of DIA’s global mission. Analysis Officers provide cutting-edge analysis from locations around the world on foreign military capabilities and defense issues in support of our nation’s warfighters, policymakers, and defense planners. Through written products, in-person briefings, or multimedia presentations, their work informs tactical decisions of policy, defense strategy, weapons development and acquisition, and military planning. Analysis officers come from diverse backgrounds and can look forward to careers of rewarding training, advanced education opportunities, and challenging assignments with DIA and the Intelligence Community.
The below qualities are critical for success as an analyst at DIA:
• Professional Humility: The willingness to change assumptions and conclusions in the face of new evidence, to respect and account for differing perspectives and ideas, and to welcome candid feedback.
• Steadfast Integrity: The commitment to professionalism and honesty, accuracy and transparency, and excellence and mission.
• Intellectual Curiosity: The drive to seek out new experiences, knowledge, insights, and expertise.
• Critical Consideration: The determination to consult, weigh, and synthesize all available information and sources in developing insights, judgments, and assessments and identifying information gaps.
• Constructive Collaboration: The ability to contribute to a dynamic team environment and work through disagreements to reach new insights.
• Clear Communication: The ability to articulate complicated concepts and ideas both concisely and comprehensively
DIA is seeking entry-level candidates with expertise in a variety of mission areas:
• Defense-related topics (such as but not limited to military capabilities and strategy; terrorism; weapons systems and proliferation; illicit trafficking; energy; telecommunications and logistics infrastructure; underground facilities; defense economics/industry; emerging and disruptive technologies; and supply chain risk management).
• Combatant command functional areas of responsibility (e.g., space, special operations, strategic, transportation, cyberspace).
• Geographic or regional knowledge (e.g., military, social, political, or cultural expertise).
• Structured methodological approaches to organize data and model probabilities, natural language processing techniques, or statistics tools.
• STEM fields such as physics, mathematics, applied statistics, computer science, chemistry, biology, toxicology, and engineering disciplines including electrical, nuclear, aerospace, chemical, computer, general, or modeling and simulation.
NOTE: For this event, the ACF is especially interested in candidates with the following skills and/or backgrounds; China, Russia, cybersecurity, space/counterspace, nuclear, electrical, and aerospace engineering backgrounds. Such candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Positions include –
Intelligence Officer (Occupational Series 0132)
General Engineering Series* (Occupational Series 0801)
Mechanical Engineering Series* (Occupational Series 0830)
Nuclear Engineering Series* (Occupational Series 0840)
Computer Engineering Series* (Occupational Series 0854)
Electronics Engineering Series* (Occupational Series 0855)
Aerospace Engineering Series* (Occupational Series 0861)
Chemical Engineering Series* (Occupational Series 0893)
General Physical Science Series* (Occupational Series 1301)
Biological Scientist* (Occupational Series 0401)
Physicist* (Occupational Series 1310)
Chemistry Series* (Occupational Series 1320)
General Mathematics and Statistics Series* (Occupational Series 1501)
Computer Science Series* (Occupational Series 1550)
The ACF has officers at all of the locations listed in the “Location” section of this vacancy announcement; however, STEM positions are located in Huntsville, AL; Charlottesville, VA; Reston, VA; Washington, DC; and Frederick, MD.
NOTE: While the ACF is hiring for positions at all listed locations, we are especially interested in candidates who are willing to work at locations outside of the immediate National Capital Region including: Missile and Space Intelligence Center (MSIC) Huntsville, AL; Space Command (USSPACECOM) Colorado Springs, CO; Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) Omaha, NE; Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) Ft. Meade, MD; and Charlottesville, VA.