Social Media Intern for Non-Profit Theater
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
The Actors Theatre Workshop is an award-winning non-profit theatre, community center and educational institution that teaches innovative educational techniques and theatre principles to adults and children. Since 1990, ATW has flourished as an artistic leader in the field, producing award-winning educational programs and productions that develop individual potential, create tangible change and liberate the talents and abilities in people from all walks of life.
We are currently seeking a social media savvy intern who can take our online presence to the next level. In this role, candidates will help optimize our social media and content strategy to increase followership and improve engagement across all of our social media platforms. Candidates should be self-motivated, personable, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Duties will include:
- Developing a weekly and monthly digital content calendar for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts, working closely with other teams to create integrated messaging
- Working on the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Creating and distributing content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
- Engaging with our social media community
- Analyzing social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Doing Influencer Outreach
Expertise in the following is preferred:
- Facebook Analytics
- CMS systems, like Hootsuite
- Communications and writing skills
The Social Media intern will have the opportunity to be guided by ATW’s Director of Branding and Marketing. Together they will create a game plan to maximize traffic to all of ATW’s platforms and increase ATW’s general online presence. This is an excellent opportunity to help an established New York City arts institution while building valuable marketing skills for today’s digital world!