Emerging Talent Program
Nutrien's Emerging Talent Program - Nebraska, Illinois, North Carolina, Mississippi, Minnesota, Kansas, Georgia, California, Arizona, New York, Maine, Iowa
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We all belong. We all have a role to play. Together, we all grow.
Our 2050 Vision is to grow food for almost 10 billion people. That’s why we’re raising expectations for what a forward-thinking agriculture company can be. A key part of this is challenging ourselves to do all we can to ensure that Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) – in our ways of thinking and ways of working – is a natural part of what we do. It’s about developing respectful and positive relationships with our employees, contractors, suppliers, customers, and local communities, and to contribute positively to society.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Nutrien’s Emerging Talent Program is an early career program focused on developing effective leaders poised for management roles in the agriculture industry. Candidates are full time employees with Nutrien Ag Solutions who will gain valuable hands-on experience in this rotational program. You’ll explore field operations and sales cycles, finance, supply chain, marketing, and technology.
Who can apply?
We are looking to cultivate the best team members from new college graduates as well as those who are already embedded in the agriculture industry. An agriculture background or degree is not required, rather, we believe agriculture is for everyone and that leadership comes from a variety of diverse experiences and fields of study.
Deadline to apply: January 15, 2022
What you will do:
Complete the three-year rotation program in full to include completion of the following:
- Perform duties in all Retail Branch level roles to include product application, delivery, warehousing and product management, marketing, crop scouting, operations, maintenance, human resources, and sales
- Participate in planning and development of customer crop plans, including fertility, crop production, and seed portfolios
- Contribute to strengthening customer business plans, profitability, and sustainability
- Participate in creation of and apply Division marketing strategies
- Review and analyze progress towards the achievement of sales forecasts and operational targets at the Retail Branch level
- Perform record keeping functions to include inventory, supply requisition, and maintenance routines
- Adopt and exercise high standard of customer service technique to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and promote Nutrien Ag Solutions products and services
- Develop and implement human resource skills to include performance management, scheduling, project planning, and goal setting
- Achieve Nutrien Leadership Development Program certificate and actively participate in Nutrien leadership and professional development programs
- Responsible for completing comprehensive project for each assignment function within the program with the goal of providing the business a recommendation to resolve a current challenge within the function
- Model our core value of safety by enabling culture in which you are contributing to a safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required - Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum one year of work experience required (experience in agriculture is preferred) - experience may include internship, externship, or similar
- Internal candidates may be considered in lieu of meeting minimum education and/or experience requirements
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Programs
- Developed verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead through others impacting measurable change
- Effective collaborator
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to perform physical work in a warehouse, office, and outdoor environment
Choose the Emerging Talent Program
- Accelerate your growth and career development with a Global company
- Gain a one-of-a-kind hands-on experience with mentorship support
- Take advantage of opportunity to broaden experience with possibility of relocation
- Unique networking opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive organization. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment and that proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.