Assistant Analytical Chemist (Co-op)
Majors: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Science, Natural Sciences, Biosystems, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Cell & Molecular Biology, Physiological Science, Environmental Management & Sciences, Microbiology, Marine Biology, and other related majors.
This paid co-operative education position will involve working in the analytical laboratories assisting technicians, chemists, and staff in various responsibilities. In this role, a student actively pursuing a bachelor's degree in chemistry, the natural sciences, or ANY related field of study requiring courses in basic chemistry, will alternate semesters of work and undergraduate study, such that the student will work at the BASF McIntosh site during the fall 2022, summer 2023, and spring 2024 semesters. The student will be responsible for securing housing arrangements for the duration of each semester of work at BASF. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Promote safety and a safe working environment in the Lab.
2. Assist the Analytical & Quality Control Staff with routine sampling activities.
3. Perform routine analytical testing of plant production and environmental samples.
4. Review and provide timely reporting of analytical data.
5. Assist with maintaining instrumentation as required by instrument manufacturers and procedures.
6. Prepare standards, reagents and working solutions as specified in analytical methods.
This position offers valuable hands-on laboratory experience at a competitive hourly wage for a globally recognized chemical company!