Administrative Secretary- Savannah Police Department Training Unit
This position provides administrative support by performing a variety of clerical and administrative support functions for the assigned department.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides clerical and administrative support.
- Responds to inquiries from the internal and external customers in person and by telephone and refers customers to appropriate resources.
- Creates and maintains reports, records, and files.
- Notarizes documents and enters information into databases.
- Schedules appointments and cases according to availability.
- Performs payroll duties; monitors timesheets for accuracy; adjusts pension codes and corrects coding for employees; ensures entries are correct.
- Performs inventory control of office supplies and equipment; order supplies and equipment, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires High School graduation or GED equivalent supplemented by one (1) year of administrative, clerical or customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
- Knowledge of various computer software programs and applications.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Skill in establishing priorities, organizing work, and making independent decisions.
- Skill in and organizing work.
- Skill in compiling information and preparing reports.
- Skill in operating such office equipment as a typewriter, calculator, copier, and facsimile machine.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.