Market Business Performance Analytics Intern Summer 2022
You must apply on our career site to be considered.
This Summer Internship is:
- May-August, 12 weeks
- In Dallas, Texas at our Headquarters Building
- Full-time, 40hrs a week M-F during normal business hours
- Workplace flexibility depends on the Team – we expect the Intern’s schedule of onsite/remote work to mirror that of their Team. The majority of roles will allow for occasional remote work.
- Interns will receive any needed equipment, such as a laptop, for the internship as well as a living stipend and internet stipend paid out one time on your first paycheck (less applicable taxes).
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply.
The role serves as a business performance data analyst intern through traffic and revenue analysis, demand generation reporting, and sale/offer optimization. The position is responsible for data management, goals, tracking, and post analysis in order to continually monitor and improve performance of our Marketing efforts. The role will support various areas of the Business, including the Marketing Communications and Strategy Teams.
The Air Performance Team focuses on Business reporting and analysis. In order to meet Southwest’s financial goals, the Team works to understand and identify opportunities/risks associated to:
- How demand is coming in (sources of demand: direct, organic search, paid channels, email, etc)
- Where demand is coming in for (travel dates)
- The “Who” behind the demand (Customer segments, behavioral attributes, previous Customer behavior, targeted audiences, etc)
We partner with other areas of the Business to provide a holistic view of performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist performance analysis of sales and Marketing promotions.
- Identifies the key learnings that address business questions and makes meaningful recommendations.
- Communicates in a compelling and well thought-out manner, explains learnings clearly and presents with poise and confidence.
- Digs into data at the most relevant level of granularity, ie city, Customer, travel period, etc.
- Explores data and employs a range of analysis methods.
- Builds and automates self service dashboards for the Business Owners to use.
- Collaborates well with others, builds relationships with Business Owners, follows through against established timelines.
- Is a curious learner, adaptable to evolving business needs and a changing environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Progress towards degree in Marketing, Business, Finance, Aviation or Quantitative Sciences, or Economics
- To be eligible must be currently enrolled as a full time student (minimum 12 credit hours.)
- Maintained 3.0 or above cumulative GPA
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with spreadsheets, databases, and database reporting tools preferred
- Familiarity with aviation/ travel/marketing- and prior knowledge in these areas - is preferred
- Experience with SQL Preferred
- Experience with Tableau preferred
- Experience with Web Analytics such as (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc) preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and willingness to function as a part of a Team
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and complete assignments with tight deadline
- Must be detail-oriented
40 hours per week.
$18.00 per hour + flight privileges
Please print/save this job description, as it will not be available after you apply.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.