Internship - Health Policy (Graduate education)
CMS has paid summer internships available for students studying public health, public policy, business, IT, HR, and much more. An internship with CMS offers the opportunity to make a positive impact by helping to advance health equity, expand coverage, and improve health outcomes.
Our internship locations are negotiable between the manager and student of either coming into the office, full time remote, or hybrid.
As a Health Policy Intern, you will:
- Review policies to ensure accuracy and consistency with legislation, regulations, statutes, and laws.
- Assist in the coordination, planning, development, and management of agency correspondence.
- Contribute to the development of solutions to resolve health care program issues.
- Conduct analytical studies and evaluate the effectiveness of health care program initiatives.
- Respond to general inquiries regarding the status of ongoing projects.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Timeframe: May – September 2022
- GS-05: Completion of a Bachelor's degree, equivalent degree, OR 4 academic years of education above high school that leads to a Bachelor's degree. Four full academic years above high school is defined as 120 credits or 180 quarter hours.
- GS-07: Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement. Part-time graduate education is creditable in accordance with its relationship to a year of full-time study at the school attended.
Pay Range: $17.31 - $26.33 per hour
You must apply on USAJOBS to be considered. See job posting on USAJOBS for more details and eligibility criteria.
THIS JOB WILL CLOSE WHEN 350 APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED, WHICH MAY BE SOONER THAN THE CLOSING DATE.