Internship - Health Policy
CMS has paid summer internships available for students studying public health, public policy, business, IT, HR, and much more. An internship with CMS offers the opportunity to make a positive impact by helping to advance health equity, expand coverage, and improve health outcomes.
Our internship locations are negotiable between the manager and student of either coming into the office, full time remote, or hybrid.
As a Health Policy Intern, you will:
- Provide assistance to the supervisor in the preparation of a variety of health care administrative material.
- Assist in reviewing reports and other health care program documents for correctness and verifying discrepancies with the appropriate office or individual.
- Assist in assembling data and consolidating and preparing reports for assigned projects.
- Assist higher level employees in evaluating the success of projects.
- Complete administrative duties as needed to ensure smooth operation of the organization.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Timeframe: May – September 2022
- GS-03: Completion of 1 full academic year of post-high school study. One full academic year post high-school is defined as 30 credits for degrees that require a total of 120 semester hours or 45 quarter hours for degrees that require a total of 180 quarter hours. (Note: Transcripts must be submitted at time of application.
- GS-04: Completion of 2 full academic years of education above high school OR an Associate's or equivalent degree. Two full academic years post high-school is defined as 60 credits for degrees that require a total of 120 semester hours or 90 quarter hours for degrees that require a total of 180 quarter hours.
Pay Range: $13.78 - $19 per hour
You must apply on USAJOBS to be considered. See job posting on USAJOBS for more details and eligibility criteria.
THIS JOB WILL CLOSE WHEN 350 APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED, WHICH MAY BE SOONER THAN THE CLOSING DATE.