Are you looking to share your knowledge and love of STEM and Literacy with elementary and middle school students in the Indianapolis area? If so, this afterschool instructor role is for you.
- At least one year of post-secondary coursework in a STEM-related subject
- Desire and ability to work with young people
- Desire and ability to work with a team
- Good character, integrity and adaptability
- Minimum Age: 18 Years Old
- Implement STEM and Literacy lessons with student participants.
- Assists students, individually or in large or small groups, with math, science and reading to present and/or reinforce learning concepts and reach their academic goals and potential.
- Provide participants with a safe and secure environment both physically and emotionally to participate in educational, recreational, and social experiences.
- Provide opportunities for participants to learn and practice leadership, decision-making, and teamwork through group activities.
- Foster positive relationships between youth and adults, who serve as positive role models, teachers, and mentors.
- Assist the instructional team with all assigned duties.
- Report to scheduled activities prepared and on time.
Hourly rates range from $11.00 to $13.00 for undergraduates and $15.00 to $18.00 for graduate students based on experiences.
Summer employment is also available