2022 - Summer Analyst Internship - Technology
Interns will be placed on one team for the duration of the summer program, where placements could include but are not limited to:
IT Infrastructure: aims to protect the bank, the interest of the bank and its clients. Infrastructure is responsible for the IT Platform used by all users in the Americas. The team includes:
- Cloud: advances the BNPP USA cloud strategy in alignment with the Group strategy while meeting the business strategies of the Americas entities. Uses Cloud computing via Private and Public “Infrastructure-as-a-Service,” “Platform-as-a-Service,” and “Software-as-a-Service” offerings.
- Platform: delivers a world-class platform for the bank’s businesses, clients and users. provides and supports Servers, Storage, Data protection, Middleware, Database, Virtualization.
- Telecom & Datacenter: builds a strong infrastructure to serve our Global bank. Provides and supports Network, Network Security, Telecom, Voice and Datacenter.
- IT Service Management: is a set of practices, policies and procedures that help to manage the services delivered to our end users, using the ITIL framework to ensure best practices are implemented within our organization. Provides and supports Service Design/Transition, Client Services (Service Desk) and Service Operations.
- Engineering & Design: designs redundant networks and platforms resilient to extreme events to fulfill business needs in accordance to Group standards and regulations. Provides engineering and design expertise across IT Infrastructure.
- End User Computing and Collaboration: delivers work environment to our users, with a global standardization for a Global Bank. Provides and supports Desktop, Messaging & Mobility, Endpoint Mobility Video, Software Asset Management.
- Production Security: Protect the organization’s digital assets from unauthorized access, use, disruption, modification or destruction. Provides and supports Identity Access Management, Vulnerability Management, Security design, Security engineering and Security operations.
ITO CCCO: ensures the protection of Corporate and Institutional Banking in the Americas (North and South) by overseeing Cyber and Corporate Security, Operational Resilience, IT and Operational Risk and controls. The team includes:
- Information Security: protects the information system from external and internal threats by defining and ensuring implementation of proper IT security framework and controls;
- Corporate Security: ensures the safety of employees, clients, visitors and protects the firm's assets and reputation;
- Business and IT Continuity: coordinates a program to respond effectively to crisis events and serious business and IT disruption;
- IT Governance, Risk and Controls: manages the IT governance framework and ensures IT risks are identified and properly mitigated;
- Operations Operational Permanent Control: provides first line of defense segregated independent control for Operations.
CB IT: develops, improves and maintains the wide range of applications used across the different functions within Corporate & Institutional Banking (e.g. Finance, Risk, Compliance, Legal, HR, Enterprise Data Management etc.). The collaboration of all the teams has built successfully our key expertise in the end-to-end software development (including source code management, architecture design, business analysis, project management, testing & delivery). CB IT includes:
- Fresh: with combined expertise in Finance, Risk & IT, develops, improves and maintains a mix of Finance & Risk systems with different strategy and level of autonomy;
- Non-Financial Risk & RC IT: provides expert developments in alert, control and filtering systems for Compliance and Legal;
- HR IT & Collaborative Solutions: develops fully integrated, client-oriented platforms and local HR systems;
- Data Management IT: provides and supports sourcing and Data solutions for EDM and Finance leveraging local and global platforms in line with Best Industry Standard;
- Test Management Office: centralizes testing deliveries from different teams & work streams within CB IT to provide Quality Assurance and E2E traceability;
- Program Management Office: orchestrates the Project Portfolio Management, Budget, Sourcing Strategy and Governance as a transversal team.
CIB IT: Responsible for IT development, business/technical analysis, project, maintenance and support for the large range of applications within the Americas region, covering all CIB business areas such as Global Markets, Global Banking, Securities Services, Client & Employee and ALMT. We work closely with our business partners and users as part of the global team to understand new requirements from clients, exchanges, industry, regulators and other stakeholders, and code against those requirements to enhance our platforms. The team also dedicates a large amount of time and effort to contribute to the overall platform engineering strategy to enhance our resiliency, stability and scalability across businesses and applications. Our services include métier-dedicated technology support and IT platform management for Americas, which strives for excellence and fully aligns with the group’s strategic goals. The collaboration of these IT teams, representing multiple business clusters, forms one CIB IT Americas team with a global vision, strategy and aligned direction. CIB Americas CIO leads the CIB IT teams as follows:
- Global Market IT: develops, improves, analyzes, maintains and reviews architectural solutions for the wide range of applications across the Global Markets business areas, such as Prime Solutions & Financing, Electronic Trading, Pricing, Booking, Position Risk & PnL, Clearing, Execution and Regulatory (including Client Management and ALMT)
- Global Banking IT: responsible for meeting all IT needs for Trade Finance, Supply Chain Finance, Cash Management, Corporate Loans, Corporate Deposits & Liquidity, Payments and USD Clearing;
- Securities Services IT (also known as BP2S IT): responsible for IT business/technical analysis and meeting IT platform development needs for Banking Services Operations, Corporate Trust Operations, Market & Financing Services and International Financial Services;
- LATAM IT: team covers Brazil, Argentina & Colombia, and it is responsible to meet all IT needs for all the CIB business & functions in Latin America.
- IT Strategy Management & Oversight: responsible for program management office, reinforcing strategic CIO topics, employee engagement and governance of financials, staffing, sourcing, remediation, recommendations, controls, conduct and project portfolio.
- Contribute to the definition, promotion and implementation of the strategy IT for the Métier, with consistency between operations and transformation
- Contribute actively to the transformation of IT to new digital model & Business IT Digital Plan, as well as promote and support the transformation of the APS Métier
- Ensure Production is actively contributing to the Business requests responses
- Manage and monitor operations in Production, including production support, and provide IT Functional and Technical Support (Level 1 and Level 2) to the Business, under a common set of processes, tools and KPI
- Manage integrity, stability, robustness, continuity and security of the platform for the chains
- Work closely with the Business and with IT on the Digital Transformation trajectory and on the cost control initiatives
- Contribute to the IT/Business standard governance supporting decision-making process and trajectory follow-up
- Manage all staff operating on Production Platforms, with a direct reporting line, under a common operating model, in consistency with IT
- Manage the relation with Infrastructure Providers (CIB, BP2I…)
- Implements the IT Policy in line with Group standards and ensures the respect of IT security policies and securities duties on application for APS Manage and monitor operations in Production, including production support, and provide IT Functional and Technical Support (Level 1 and Level 2) to the Business, under a common set of processes, tools and KPI
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- All majors accepted
- Strong analytical, synthesis, and communication skills
- Quick learners who are detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Individuals who are enthusiastic, energetic, curious, and innovative
Our IT organization is large, but depending on the IT stream, we may be looking for:
- Computer Engineers: Develop applications using C++, Java, .Net, Python on Linux, Windows for the execution platforms and have knowledge of programming and OS in combination with the business; who have experiencing coding with these applications and are up to date with the latest technology trend and security requirements;
- Cyber Security Specialists
- Business Analysts: Understand business needs, analyze products and various workflows. Convert them into specifications for developers to code;
- Integration Specialists: Integrate chain of systems across various functions to bring out the desired outcome for executions;
- Quality Analysts: Help to validate the application build by performing various functional and non-functional testing; and
- Transversal champions: work with CIO/Chief of Staff on transversal IT strategic & PMO topics.
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2022 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Industrious & Agile
- Collaborative & Client-Oriented
- Principled & Compliant
- Conceptual & Open
BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion. Some weekly physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.