Cyber Security Analyst Intern
IEX is looking for a Cyber Security Analyst intern to work with the IEX Information Security team. The internship will develop crucial and valuable information security skills as well as soft skills. This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished professionals and gain valuable skills for your future career in cybersecurity through project work, job shadowing, hands on work experience, and using tools for vulnerability scanning, phishing analysis and information security training.
IEX Information Security is responsible for protecting IEX from all threats, so that our employees can focus on providing our clients performance, fairness, and transparency in the market.
- Self-starter who is proactive and entrepreneurial
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- You are passionate about information security
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree related to Information Security, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree with less than 2 years until graduation.
- Have knowledge of technology and security topics including operating systems, network security, protocols, application security, infrastructure hardening and security baselines
- You are not afraid to ask questions and independently research solutions to find the answers and apply them to your work
What You’ll Do:
- Learn and grow as an information security professional
- Make meaningful contributions to defend our employees from cybersecurity threats
- Policy and procedure review/ analysis
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Incident Response
- Vulnerability Management
- Experience with SIEM, and/or DLP technologies.
- Experience with Information Security policy frameworks
- Experience with vulnerability management
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.