K-12 Teachers for Classical, Liberal Arts Academies 2023-2024 School Year
K-12 Teachers for Classical, Liberal Arts Academies 2022-2023 School Year
· Kindergarten through 5th Grade Classroom Teachers
· Kindergarten through 5th Grade Teaching Apprentices/Assistants
· Fine Arts: Music, Poetry, Visual Arts, Drama
· Humane Letters: Western Traditions of Literature, History and Philosophy
· Languages: Latin, Spanish, French
· Literature and Composition: Western Traditions of Literature
· Mathematics: Elementary Math (K-5th gr.) and Pre-Algebra through Pre-Calculus
· Physical Education
· Science: Life Science, Earth/Physical Science, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry
· Special Education / ELL Teachers
· Online (remote) teaching positions
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: Providing educational services to students, responsible for planning, developing, delivering, and implementing various educational programs, activities, lesson planning, assessments for a classical education curriculum in classroom settings in consultation with other school personnel and faculty. This is a wonderful opportunity for those interested in education or for those who love working with children.
To view current openings, please visit: https://www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers/currently-open-positions/
TEACH WITH US
· Our academies are institutions of academic rigor and excellence and attract students who are curious and diligent.
· Classes are run Socratically - teachers are expected to be guides as well as participants in the search for Truth, Goodness, and Beauty.
· The faculty of Great Hearts Academies is a true community of life-long learners who, together, participate in seminars, attend music concerts, hear lectures on art, philosophy, mathematics, and other events.
· Certification is not required; while many of our teachers do come from education programs or other local public schools, most others hold undergraduate/graduate degrees in the academic subjects they teach and/or undergraduate or graduate degrees from top liberal arts programs.
APPRENTICE TEACHER PROGRAM
This program offers new teachers an intentional, individualized course of study and mentorship with a Master Teacher as they learn the craft of teaching in a classical, liberal arts primary-school environment. This full-time, paid apprenticeship is ideal for individuals who wish to gain valuable experience in the Great Hearts classroom. Upon the successful completion of the program and milestones, Apprentices are recommended to lead teaching roles in lower, middle, or upper schools across the network.
Salary Range: $36,500 - $55,000 - Salaries vary based on region, experience, and education
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates may use the link provided or begin the application online at www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers. The site offers much information about teaching at Great Hearts, and includes a brief initial application, through which you may submit materials for review by Headmasters and Lead Office staff. Per your indication of regional preferences (Arizona and/or Texas), and openness to consideration in multiple regions, we will make your application available to all relevant Headmasters and/or Hiring Managers. If you have further questions, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT GREAT HEARTS ACADEMIES
Great Hearts Academies is a growing network of 43 public, open-enrollment, tuition-free schools in San Antonio (TX), Dallas/Ft. Worth (TX), Phoenix (AZ), and (opening in fall 2023) Baton Rouge (LA). We currently provide over 24,000 K-12 students with access to a high quality, classical liberal arts education, without the barriers that often come with private prep schools. We gladly prepare our graduates for success in the best universities in the nation, but our main purpose is the formation of the soul, heart, and mind. We believe that the highest goal of education is to become good, intellectually and morally. Teaching certification is not required for general ed., and we hire teachers from across all academic disciplines and departments.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Irving, Texas, United States
Arlington, Texas, United States
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Online Academies in Texas and Arizona
WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENTS
US work authorization is required, but we do accept OPT/CPT candidates.