School Based Therapist
Now Hiring a School Based Therapist- 10 month $4,000 Sign-On Bonus
About St. Aloysius:
St. Aloysius is committed to caring and supporting the most vulnerable children and families in our community to overcome their challenges by providing the specialized education, therapies, mental health care, and resources they need to heal and grow through trauma responsive approaches.
We are passionate about providing a strong, supportive, caring culture to help our children and families. All of our employees are trained in trauma informed practices and committed to the Sanctuary Model.
Because we value our employees, we offer competitive salaries and affordable benefits including medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, generous paid time off (PTO), 11 paid holidays and 403B company matched at 4% after one year of service. We have free life insurance of 50K and free short-term disability.
We also offer a robust employee development/tuition reimbursement program of $3,500 per 12-month period after 180 days, internal development and promotion opportunities as well as a generous employee referral bonus. We are also a place of employment where employees can apply for a student loan forgiveness program.
- Education: A Master’s degree from an accredited college in social work, counseling, psychology or a related mental health field. Must be a LSW or LPC; LISW or LPCC is preferred.
- Must be qualified to provide counseling, psychotherapy, family therapy, and related services to population referred to In-School services.
- Must be highly motivated, flexible, independent, excellent communication skills, ability to engage difficult youth and their families, and knowledge of social systems required
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with mentally ill youth and their families of different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and documentation verifying current automobile insurance.
- Provide In-School prevention and crisis intervention services to individuals and their families who are referred to them.
- Complete application process with the family to enroll them in the mental health system.
- Perform initial assessment of each child.
- Engage parents and families members in treatment, providing psychoeducational information about nurturing and behavior management
- Develop a treatment plan within one month of the child’s admission to services.
- Provide referral information for families in meeting concrete needs, such as housing, medical care and legal.
- Using Qualifacts electronic medical records system, complete and submit all documentation in a timely manner, including but not limited to assessments, a service plan, progress reports and a terminating report. Meet all utilization requirements assigned by School- Based Service Supervisor
- Collect all necessary outcome data needed to evaluate the services
- Attend all required St. Aloysius staff training, including but not limited to the 5 day orientation, weekly supervision, quarterly booster training and any other training deemed valuable to add to skills necessary to implement high quality service to youth and families
- Provide consultation to school staff.
- Collaborate effectively with agency partner involved in treatment planning for youth and family
- Keep personal license/certification/registration current
- Adhere to all federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding reporting of abuse, intent to harm, and other life-threatening situations
- Adhere to agency confidentiality rules
- Perform other duties as assigned.
If you enjoy making a difference in the lives of children and their families, we encourage you to apply.
St. Aloysius offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunities that are challenging and rewarding.
St. Aloysius is an Equal Opportunity Employer.