1093203 Data Science Intern
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
At HPE we believe in bold moves, the power of “Yes we can”, and being a force for good. Our work thrives on differences, fueling creativity to give our customers all they deserve. But our work is far from over. In fact, we continuously push for better. We empower our team members to make an impact on our business and in the world while fostering a culture that is unconditionally inclusive. Whether you’re looking for an internship or to start your professional career, at HPE you’ll be able to create and collaborate on projects that challenge and inspire you.
Sound like you? Apply today and join one of the most impactful tech companies in the world!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has an opening for a data analysis and text mining intern. You will be working across several teams of product experts to create taxonomy (categories) to classify thousands of customer quality issues, create Excel based reports (PowerView as well), query data from multiple databases then join it together and analyze it to make sense out of it.
In this job you will make use of:
- Regular Expressions
- Language specific for text mining
A typical day would be as follows: Come to the office and check status of Excel reports, update if needed using SQL. Meet with product experts to discuss product issues and then use a text mining software to transform their needs into functional text mining algorithms, run the text mining software and ask the experts for feedback on the results, maybe remove some false positive categories as well. Later on someone might ask you for data and you realize that it is in multiple databases so you need to figure out how to join data from multiple sources using an ETL (extract, transform load) tool, writing the results to a DB and getting the data into Excel for analysis.
Designs, develops and applies programs, methodologies and systems based on advanced analytic models (e.g. advanced statistics, operations research, computer science, process) to transform structured and unstructured data into meaningful and actionable information insights that drive decision making.
Uses visualization techniques to translate analytic insights into understandable business stories (eg. descriptive, inferential and predictive insights).
Embeds analytics into client’s business processes and applications. Combines business acumen and scientific methods to solve business problems.
Education and Experience Required:
- Currently enrolled in a University- preferably in Computer Science, General Engineering, or Management Information Systems.
- 3rd year of 4 year degree program completed by Dec 2022
- Advanced degree (M.S.) program is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Regular Expressions (desirable)
- Ability to learn new things
- Ability to work across multiple teams
- Read through text to discover categories
Working knowledge of data science methodologies including but not limited to classical regression, neural nets, CHAID, CART, association rules, sequence analysis, cluster analysis, and text mining.
• Understanding of business requirements, how they relate to data science objectives and how to translate them into mathematical models.
• Strong background and working proficiency in effective use of analytics software (eg. R, SAS, SPSS, Python, Cplex).
• Working knowledge of machine learning, data integration, and modeling skills and ETL tools (eg. Infomatica, Ab Initio, Talend).
• Solid communication and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of relevant data programming languages.
• Strong interpersonal skills and effectiveness in working across geographical boundaries.
• Working knowledge of data visualization techniques.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting supportive work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.