IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a Junior Designer for our Boston studio. The Junior Designer, while working under the direct supervision of a more senior Designer or Project Manager, performs a broad variety of drafting and/or design tasks.
Strong intermediate Revit skills minimally required.
• Work with design team to develop design ideas
• May assist senior designers in selecting fixtures and finishes
• Under supervision, develops preliminary space plans
• Assist and learn detailing
• Assist and learn the production of furniture & finish packages, along with cost estimating
• Assists senior staff with verification of site details to support design
• Assists in field surveying of client spaces
• Corrects drawings red lined by others
• Supports the team in collecting information for client assessment; may attend interviews, provide documentation support; developing skills working with Affinity program tool
• Graduate of architecture or design school: equivalent experience may be substituted
• 1-2 years experience or equivalent educational experience: strongly prefer experience working in corporate interior design projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of the application of color, materials and aesthetic form
• Familiarity with space planning methodology
• Familiarity with furnishings and equipment
• Basic sketching and rendering skills
• Basic interior architecture detailing skills
• Working knowledge of CDs and procedures
• Commitment to support projects through peaks and valleys
• Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
• Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills
• Basic verbal and written communication skills
Please submit a portfolio or work examples with your application
For the majority of the time the Junior Designer will be sitting in a studio with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Interior Architects, Inc. (IA) provides equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment to all persons without regard to their race, color, creed, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities.