Merchandising Internship (Outlets) - Summer 2022
Grounded in versatility and powered by a styling community, Express is a modern, multichannel apparel and accessories brand whose purpose is to Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression. Launched in 1980 with the idea that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express has been a part of some of the most important and culture-defining fashion trends. The Express Edit design philosophy ensures that the brand is always ‘of the now’ so people can get dressed for every day and any occasion knowing that Express can help them look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel.
The Company operates over 500 retail and outlet stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, the express.com online store and the Express mobile app. Express, Inc. is comprised of the brands Express and UpWest, and is traded on the NYSE under the symbol EXPR. For more information, please visit www.express.com.
The Express Summer 2022 Internship Program is a 10-week paid program that provides students with an opportunity to work with and learn from experienced professionals while gaining exposure to various aspects of a retail fashion company. The 2022 Summer Intern class will be made up of 25-30 students interested in hands-on experience in an area of interest and exposure to cross-functional collaboration as well as gaining valuable professional development.
The 2022 Program begins on June 6th through August 12th and interns will work in our Columbus, Ohio headquarters.
- Focus on understanding our customer by competitive patterning, trend patterning, and in store feedback/experience
- Consistently looking forward regarding trends through runway, aspirational brands, and social platforms)
- Sample management
- Maintaining Merchant Reporting/Recaps
- Interested in a career in fashion retail or a particular field represented at Express, Inc.
- Curious and eager to learn
- Mature, responsible, reliable
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with a sense of urgency
- Collaborative and have an ability to build good working relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Availability to work full time (40 hours per week)
- Open to undergraduate Juniors & Seniors in good academic standing
- GPA above 3.0
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.