Foster Care Specialist
Our Foster Care program works with the foster care children to talk about their referral issues and to discuss why they are in foster care. This Foster Care Specialist also serves as a liaison between the child and the court and is always an advocate for the best needs of the child. The Youth Villages Foster Care Program uses intensive in-home based treatment where interventions are parent focused bringing change through the family, school, community, and peer groups.
- Specialists provide services to the entire family, rather than just the identified youth. Specialists work with the family hands-on to build trust and align them with treatment
- Specialists are responsible for a caseload of 8-10 families
- Intensive but flexible schedule. Specialists deliver services in the family's home or wherever they need us (school, court, etc.) and flexibly schedule sessions to meet the family's needs; on-call rotation required.
- Documentation that is on-line/ web-based and available to you from home
- Specialists meet with supervisors at least three times per week to discuss progress and personal development.
Our leadership is always available for backup in difficult situations.
All specialists complete a thorough training schedule designed to maximize clinical skill.
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
$41,000-$48,000 based on education level and clinical license
A Bachelor's degree in a social services discipline is required; Master's preferred
One year experience counseling adolescents in a clinical setting
Degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
Experience with the Foster Care System is preferred
Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Basic computer knowledge
Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
You must have your own vehicle to use for work purposes as well as have liability insurance
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
11 paid holidays
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)