21-22 Interventionist (Redwood City)
2021-22 School Year Position <Immediate Opening>
Interventionists work closely with a team of teachers to meet the needs of studentsInterventionists are responsible for working with small groups of students in need of intervention in one or more of the following areas: social emotional learning, English language development, reading comprehension, and/or mathematical thinking skills. To do this effectively, the Interventionist uses formative and summative data to implement lesson plans that meet each child’s need while maintaining close communications with classroom teachers and families regarding the child’s progress.
This position is contingent on term-limited supplemental funding and will be reassessed annually.
This role reports either to the Principal or to an Assistant Principal.
- Motivate students to participate in learning activities; create a positive student culture around centers, online learning and small group tutoring; maintain high behavioral expectations for all students
- Ensure that students have access to a positive and productive learning environment by enforcing all campus safety rules and behavior expectations
- Tutor small groups of students on literacy and/or math skills; use Rocketship-adopted curricula to deliver lessons which align to students' Individualized Learning Plans
- Conduct weekly progress monitoring assessments of progress for students participating in intervention; communicate progress monitoring results to families and classroom teachers; work with grade level teams to interpret progress monitoring data and use it to make intervention decisions for students
- Communicate and collaborate with the teachers at their grade level, and school administrators; participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the Rocketship team
- Passion for working with children; ability to motivate and support children in reaching high levels of success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members
- Ability to efficiently interpret, manage, and utilize multiple sets of data in order to best support students’ progress
- Fluency in English
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Interest in becoming a credentialed teacher is a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus, but not required